Are you planning to have a nanny to look after your child? Great! But how can you ensure you have the perfect candidate for the job?
You will not want to take any chance, especially when it comes to the safety of your little one.
This is why you need to know how to interview a nanny to analyse the candidates and select the right one for the job.
Here are some critical confinement nanny interview questions that you must ask before hiring.
General Confinement Nanny Interview Questions To Ask
- Please briefly introduce yourself.
- What motivated you to become a nanny/ Choose this profession as your job?
- What is that one thing which you think will force you to leave this career, as a whole?
- Why did you leave the previous job?
- In what ways do you deal with the specific problems related to your field?
- What do you think are your weaknesses?
- What is the notice period that you need before joining us, just in case we hire you?
- Do you need a live-in arrangement?
- What is the best part of the job?
- What are your expectations for us?
Questions To Know About Their Infant Experience
- How much experience do you have as a confinement nanny?
- Do you know how to bath a baby?
- How do you handle and take care of a baby?
- What type of household chores do you carry out?
- Do you know what herbs are beneficial for the confinement period?
- What is your opinion about taking the infant to a park or a program nearby?
- How do you comfort a crying baby?
- Do you have first-aid training?
- Do you prefer occasional overnight stays with the infant?
- How would you take care of a sick infant?
- Will you be able to sing lullabies?
- Do you know how to change the diaper of a baby?
Other Questions Regarding Confinement Care
- Are you willing to take care of my baby at night?
- Do you know how to cook food for a baby?
- What advice do you give for breastfeeding?
- Do you know how to stop colic, spit-up or burping in a baby?
- What food do you cook for the confinement period?
- Do you know how to help a baby to latch?
- Do you offer post-natal massages as part of your service?
- Will you be able to handle the umbilical cord?
- Are you able to guide me on bathing and feeding the baby, as well as changing nappies?
Cleaning Or Housekeeping Interview Questions
- Would it be okay for you to help me with housekeeping while taking care of the infant?
- What is your opinion about helping me clean the house while the infant is sleeping?
- Which dish do you think you could cook the best?
- Will it be okay for you to do the dishes if I ever need you to?
- Are you familiar with the market in this area?
- How do you keep things organised?
- Are you comfortable with vacuuming and dusting?
- Are you willing to do laundry and iron?
- Will you be able to wash the clothes of the infant?
Salary Related Questions
- What was the salary that you were getting paid at your last job?
- How much are you expecting from us for the job?
- Will you accept the pay-cut, if offered?
- Do you ask for the advance money more often?
- How much extra allowance do you want?
- Do you expect a bonus?
- Do you have any pending legal cases?
- Is there anything that you expect from us other than salary?
- What method of payment will you prefer?
- What happens to the salary if you need to leave early or if you fall sick?
- Do you charge an extra fee for the public holiday?
- Do you require a deposit?
Day-off / Public Holidays Questions To Ask When Interviewing A Nanny
- Which day of the week will you prefer for your day off?
- Did you get all the Sundays off at your previous job?
- Were you entitled to the public holidays while with your last job?
- Would you work on the off days to earn some extra income?
- Is there anything else that you do to get some extra money?
- How far do you live?
- Would you send someone else in your place if you need an off on a working day?
- How do you commute?
- Will you be able to be back at short notice?
- Do you do any part-time job?
Daily Routine And Schedule Questions To Ask Potential Nanny
- What is your daily schedule?
- Do you have kids?
- What will be the arrangement like if I deliver earlier or later?
- Do you need to take a nap in the afternoon?
- What time do you get up in the morning?
- How often do you go for a medical checkup?
- What responsibilities do you need to handle for your family?
- Are you allergic to anything?
Find Reliable Maid Agencies in Singapore
Homees provides a list of reliable maid agencies in Singapore as well. If you are looking for maid agencies to match your personalised requirements, you can contact Homees for a more quick and fuss-free experience.
Should you need occasional home cleaning or home chore help, you can find a part-time maid on Homees as well.
We’re here to improve your home
Speak to hundreds of reliable pros, view their gallery, inspirations, and know the best prices with our resources.
Have full control over your home improvement projects with Homees.