Moving to a new destination is an exciting event which many people look forward to. However, international relocation comes with challenges.
Not only do you have to pack each and everything, but it has to be done in such a way that everything reaches the destination safely and in their original state.
Apart from this packing, you have a lot of other stuff on your hands too, such as transferring medical records, school records, insurance, and other things. In such a scenario, if you hire professional moving services, you can at least take the task of packing and moving off your mind and focus on the other things.
Professional movers are highly experienced in the art of packing and moving it to domestic and international destinations. By choosing them to do this task for you, you can relax from the very tedious and challenging task of packing and moving.
In the following sections, we will describe how international movers carry out the process of packing and moving internationally. We will also discuss some of the best international movers in Singapore.
Helpful read: Moving Cost Guide In Singapore
How International Movers Help You In Packing and Relocating
The first and most important aspect of international moving is packing. If things are not packed properly, they can easily get damaged during the move.
All your hassle of moving your stuff to the new location will go in vain if they get damaged on the way. This is where professional movers come in and pack the things in such a way that there is minimal to no chance of damage during transportation.
International movers utilise several types of equipment which aid the process of safe packing and transport. These include break-free cartons, anti-static bubble wrap, sealing tapes, packing peanuts, wraps, and different sizes of boxes.
This equipment is utilised by highly trained and specialised personnel who excel in the art of packing. They use specific packing strategies and materials to ensure that everything reaches the destination unharmed. Special attention is given to the packing of fragile and valuable items such as glass items, artwork, electronics, antiques, china, and metal items.
The movers are experts in identifying which items should be packed together based on their sizes, textures, materials, and weight. Different sizes of cartons are available with the movers to accommodate all kinds of items. Proper packing materials and cushioning are used during packing to guarantee damage-free transport to the destination.
When you hire international movers, you also have the option of using only some of their services. You can opt for only their packing services and use the transport service from some other company.
On the contrary, you can pack yourself and hire international movers to transport your goods to the new location. You can even avail their complete package in which they pack your goods, move it to the new location, and unpack it for you as well.
In the case that you want to hire only the moving service and pack your items yourself, there are certain tips through which you can make this task easier for you. These are discussed in the next section.
Tips For Packing For Relocation
Although the task of packing all your goods for relocation is quite tedious and long, with a few guidelines, you can complete this task in the best possible manner. Some of these tips are listed below:
- The most important things which you require for packing are the proper packing materials and equipment. These include boxes and cartons of different sizes, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, packing tapes, and plastic sheets.
- Use bubble wrap to encase all delicate items and further secure them in boxes by using blankets, cushions, and packing peanuts.
- Start by picking one room so you declutter along the way. Organise everything about where everything will go. As you fill in the boxes with the items from a room, label and number the boxes. In a separate notebook, write the details of what exactly you are putting in each numbered box. This way, you will be 100% sure of where each thing is exactly.
- Pay attention to the weight of the boxes. Big boxes should not be too heavy to not cause difficulty while lifting. Keep light stuff in big boxes and heavy stuff in smaller boxes.
- Keep one or two boxes for the necessary stuff which you will require urgently. This could be the stuff which you use while you pack, making it the last to pack and the first to unpack when you reach the destination. This could include necessary kitchen items, bedding, pillows, and other necessary stuff.
- Keep a suitcase or bag of necessary items such as clothes, snacks, and toiletries with you and hand-carry it so that even if the move is delayed because of some issue, the necessary stuff will still be with you.
Best International Movers In Singapore
If you are internationally relocating from Singapore to any destination, there are several good reviewed international movers you can hire to help you with the relocation.
They comprise a set of professionals who are equipped with the requisite knowledge and techniques through which they offer hassle-free, high-quality, and trusted domestic and international moving services.
They make their utmost efforts to provide valuable advice and accommodate their clients in every possible way. If you hire reputed international movers in Singapore for your relocation, you can be assured that all your luggage and goods will reach the destination in immaculate condition.
Looking for a reliable moving company?
Homees provides reliable moving companies for you to engage with. You can find the following moving services offered on Homees:
- Things You Should Know About Storage Space Renting
- How To Move House On A Budget In Singapore
- How to Find & Hire Reliable and Reputable Movers In Singapore
- Your Ultimate Easy Moving Checklist – From Start to Finish
- House Movers — Commonly Asked Questions
- Cheap Movers: Things To Be Aware Of
- How To Hire Piano Movers in Singapore